- Spearheading the creation of Burlington College's Career Services Department
- Having my first article published on Forbes.com
- Earning my Professional in Human Resources certification
- Being part of the executive team that facilitated the merger of Parent to Parent of VT and the VT Parent Information Center
- Launched Vermont chapter of Bright Pink in 2009, a national non profit that provides resources and education for young women who are at high risk for developing breast and ovarian cancer. We are an active chapter, with over 150 women in our network, a strong partnership with UVM and Fletcher Allen, and frequent outreach and educational events.
- Board of the Northern New England chapter of the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources
- Burlington College's Institutional Representative to Vermont Women in Higher Education
On principal search committee and volunteered for Reading to End Racism with Burlington School District
- Miscellaneous volunteer activities, ranging from political campaigns to little league
Favorite part of job?
I was drawn to this profession because of my passion for helping people. My job is to create a stable foundation upon which people can do their work. I have the privilege of working with talented, passionate people who are experts in their own professions, and I'm in a position to provide them with the tools to do their jobs as best they can. Working with the students at Burlington College about their goals and dreams is an exceptionally rewarding experience.
Most inspiring mentor? Julie Arel (former Executive Director of Parent to Parent, Executive Director of Open Door Clinic in Addison County) and Lindsay Avner (Founder and CEO of Bright Pink) are tremendous examples of smart, strong, visionary female leadership.
Who is your living hero? Professionally, I admire Sheryl Sandberg's unflinching commitment to advancing women in leadership positions, and Arianna Huffington's passion for the importance that wellness plays in our lives. Personally, I am humbled by cancer fighters and survivors, like my mother or the women I meet through my work with Bright Pink; women who become strong, positive advocates for themselves.
Favorite downtime activity? I like to think of myself as a closet pastry chef, so an afternoon spent baking makes me pretty happy.
Favorite Vermont Escape? Stowe in the fall, Lake Champlain Islands in the summer.
Favorite social network? I love Facebook as a way to stay connected with family and friends.
Favorite website? Huffington Post
Vermont Business Person you would most want to network with? Anyone who has a job or internship opportunity for a Burlington College student! I would also love to pick the brains of the teams at NRG Systems and Dealer.com and learn more about how they foster a healthy, engaged, and committed work environment.