Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream
Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- Administrative Coordinator to the Founders
- Executive assistant to the co-founders of Ben & Jerry’s Homemade, Inc., Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, handling all matters related to the Founders Office.
- Ongoing responsibilities include: Preparation of speaking appearances, allocating expense reports, organization and management of Founders Office, national and international travel planning, directing phone inquiries, and bookkeeping.
- Creative input and coordination of various projects and events, including video, photo, and document editing.
- Preparing initial paperwork for donations from Ben’s donor account within Ben & Jerry’s Foundation nonprofit organization.
Little Miss Redhead
- Owner, designer, creator & writer
- Daily blogging website on crafts, decorating tips, cooking & baking.
- Sale of crafts and jewelry at local craft fairs and farmers’ markets.
December 2006- August 2008
Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty
- Senior Accountant
- Prepared & coordinated daily closing checks and commission checks for five sales offices of approximately 100 sales agents and weekly commission checks for approximately 35 rental agents, duties which maintained constant communication with management, agents, and customers/clients.
- Responsibilities included: Account reconciliation on QuickBooks Pro of multiple escrow and checking accounts, billing, accounts receivable, deposit preparation, monitoring assets for assigned G/L accounts, account variance analysis, bookkeeping, filing, and weekly projections.
- Annual preparation of 1099 tax filings and tax assessment payments.
May 2005- December 2006
Gibson Domain/Domain Real Estate
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative assistant to Owner/Treasurer of largest independent real estate company of Boston.
- Responsibilities included: Bookkeeping, data entry, billing, account reconciliation, and creative input into further development of internet advertising and sales.
December 2005- April 2006
Killington Mountain Ski Resort
- Infant and Toddler Daycare Supervisor
- Oversight and supervision of Vermont State licensed daycare daily activities, facilitating up to 80 children per day & ensure that all safety/sanitary laws were abided by.
- Assisted to hire, train, organize, and evaluate the daycare staff.
- Attended to the children’s and staff’s needs and concerns.
- Prepared various administrative/operations reports, such as payroll, cash sheets, and schedules, as well as perform opening and closing tasks.
Ben & Jerry's Irene Response Team
South Burlington, VT
- Member and Volunteer Opportunities Coordinator.
- Group of employees gathered to distribute information, promote company involvement to assist those affected by Tropical Storm Irene, and plan company-wide volunteer project.
Isle La Motte Farmers’ Market
Isle La Motte, VT
- Member of Planning Committee: Advertising Coordinator.
- Responsibilities include: Setting up and maintaining a Facebook page, designing and submitting weekly ads into local newspapers, and printing fliers.
2010 - Present
Ben & Jerry’s Bucket Brigade Group
South Burlington, VT
- Member of group organized to promote volunteerism within the Ben & Jerry’s community.
- Position Held: Volunteer Opportunities Coordinator, responsible for sending out monthly community volunteerism opportunities to company employees.
Ben & Jerry’s Community Action Team
South Burlington, VT
- Member of self-governed grant and volunteer group of 12 employees, funded by the Ben & Jerry’s Foundation.
- Various activities and duties include: Voting on donation requests from non-profits within the local community, organizing community service projects for employees and monthly donation collections for local organizations and programs.
The Intervale Center
- Burlington, VTVolunteer member.
- 2011 Summervale planning group member, organizer for kids’ activities.
Isle La Motte, VT Community Organization (ILMCO)
Isle La Motte, VT
- Volunteer member.
- Various activities and duties include: Information table at local events, assistance during annual community events (i.e. Teddy Roosevelt Celebration) and participating in clean-up events.
Boston Cares, Greater Boston volunteer network
Positions held: Project Leader, responsible for coordinating volunteers at events
- Various activities included: Fundraising events, organic farming, arts & crafts events for children, outdoor clean-ups, knitting blankets, serving food at shelters and organizing clothes & food donations.
Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority Alumni
- Positions held: Education Chair and House Manager.
- Education Chair duties: Monthly coaching meetings with sorority sisters struggling academically. · House Manager duties: weekly chore assignment, liaison between House Mother and sorority members living within the house.
Circle K, an International community service group
- Various activities included: Participating in serving weekly dinners for those in need, delivering Valentines to nursing homes and hosting a dance for children with Autism
Favorite part of job?
My favorite part of my job is that is that I don't do the same thing all day, every day. When I come into work in the morning, I don't always know what the day will bring, which I find very exciting. Whether it be a fun assignment or a fascinating phone call, I love that my job keeps me on my toes.
Most inspiring mentor
My most inspiring mentor is my father. My father has a keen sense of business, having run one of the top real estate companies in Boston for 35 years, and essentially taught me everything I needed to know for my last job. His patience towards tasks, strong work ethic, and thorough training guided me to be a dedicated employee. He continues to be my go-to person for business advice and guidance.
Who is your living hero
My living hero is without a doubt my mother. My mother's story is that of inspiration. She came from a hard background, overcoming many struggles, to rise up and become a very successful business woman. She continues to surprise and inspire me, with all that she does.
Favorite downtime activity?
In my downtime, I enjoy baking & cooking. I love testing out new recipes and decorating cakes.
Favorite Vermont Escape?
My Vermont escape is the Lake Champlain Islands, where my family has property. Sitting by the lake or walking through the woods; this is where I go to be home - mind, body & spirit.
Favorite social network?
While just about everyone is probably going to say the same - Facebook. A good friend of mine was at Harvard when Facebook was created & she showed it to me, so I almost feel like I've been a part of it from the beginning, watching it grow. Facebook is a great way to reconnect with old friends, strengthen new friendships, and get the word out about events or current projects.
My favorite website is somewhat of a guilty pleasure, but a great source for inspiration - Pinterest. Pinterest is an online pinboard, where you can post your own boards of wish-lists, dreams, ideas or look at others' pinboards for inspiration.
Vermont Business Person you would most want to network with?
While I feel as though I am already living my dream, working for Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, the visionaries behind Ben & Jerry's, I would also love to network with Milford Cushman, owner of the Cushman Design Group. A believer in sustainability, creative excellence and green building, the Cushman Design Group is also a member of Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility and Building for Social Responsibility.