Flavor Communications, LLC
Flavor Communications, LLC
June 2010 to present
Developing and implementing strategic marketing campaigns, including social media and public relations.
- Consultant for Butterworks Farm, Vermont’s original organic dairy farm and leader in organic yogurt industry.
- Consultant for Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT) and state’s largest organic food producer, Pete’s Greens.
- Successful sustainability outreach campaign in Vermont and Michigan for world’s largest organic yogurt company, Stonyfield Farm.
- Social media and brand awareness campaign for VT’s second largest law firm
- Approved marketing vendor for the State of Vermont
- Marketing strategist for VT Dept. of Economic Development’s Captive Insurance Division City Market,
Onion River Co-op
January 08 to June 2010
Marketing & Community Relations Manager
- Strategic advertising campaigns, including online marketing, SEO and SEM.
- Management of marketing staff (8)
- Fostered community relationships that enhance Co-op Member programs and benefits.
- Developed and launched Co-op’s first cohesive marketing campaign.
- Successfully launched first Patronage Refund program and low-income resident discount program, Food for All.
- Increased Co-op membership by over 50%.
- Successfully developed and launched two new Web sites.
HMC Advertising, LLC
Nov 2005 to January 08
Director of Client Services & Public Relations
- Strategic consultation for all client advertising and communication campaigns.
- Managed account executive team (3).
- Developed and implemented strategic advertising campaigns for State of Vermont, Downs Rachlin Martin, Vermont Captive, Vermont Business Magazine, Green Mountain Inn, Harvest Market, and more.
- Successfully grew existing client work to include Web design, email marketing, Public Relations, and SEM.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company
July 2002 to Nov 2005
Public Relations Manager
- Managed philanthropic efforts and event planning.
- Facilitated all public relations for VT Teddy Bear, The PajamaGram Co., The TastyGram Co., and Calyx & Corolla.
- Created and submitted unique press material to national and local media on new product launches.
- Proven budget and employee management skills.
- Increased department revenue by 150% ($70,000 to $120,000) within six months of hire.
- Obtained stories or product placements on national TV shows including, NBC’s Today Show, ABC’s The View, CBS’ Early Show; in national and regional publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney Magazine, Woman’s Day Magazine, InStyle Magazine, Inc. Magazine; and on cable TV programs including, The Discovery Channel, The Travel Channel, and MTV.
WVNY-ABC Burlington, Vermont
May 1999 to June 2002
- News Anchor/Reporter/Producer for 6/11 p.m. weekend newscasts.
- Assignment editor for weekend newsroom staff.
- Daily live reporting, writing, photography, and editing.
COTS Board of Directors, Chair of Development Committee, 2009 - present Stowe Weekend of Hope, Emcee, 2009 - present VBM’s Rising Star Award Ceremony, Emcee, 2010 Jr. Iron Chef (VTFEED) Planning Committee, 2008 - 2010 Five Corners Farmers’ Market Board of Directors and Planning Committee, 2010 - present Panelist for Marketing Matters Conference, National Co-op Grocers Association, 2009 & 2010 Panelist for Vermont Specialty Food Association’s Annual Meeting, 2011 Panelist for Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility Spring Conference, 2011 United Way Communications Committee, 2003 - 2010 Panelist for United Way’s Hometown Hero Award, 2003- 2010 WCAX-TV Late Night Saturday with Tim Kavanagh (Talent/Guest Coordinator)
Favorite part of job?
Helping food entrepreneurs bring their products and dreams to fruition.
Most inspiring mentor?
Arianna Huffington (of Huffington Post)
Who is your living hero?
My mother, of course!
Favorite downtime activity?
Cooking, sharing a meal and wine with friends and family.
Favorite Vermont Escape?
Favorite social network?Twitter
Vermont Business Person you would most want to network with?