- Launching and administering the Roxane Leopold Scholarship Fund at King Street Center which provides funding to College bound King Street Center youth.
- Maintaining and improving King Street Center funding and programming.
- Running the largest 50th Reunion in Harvard’s history, which included working with YoYo Ma and the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
- Being with King Street Center youth and Venus Williams as they played tennis on Church Street in 2007.
The Clothes Exchange Advisory Board; University of Vermont Alumni Volunteer; Robin’s Nest Children’s Center Advisory Board; King Street Center Summer Boost Volunteer and Kids on the Ball Volunteer.
- Greater Burlington Girls Soccer Coach and volunteer
- Susan G. Komen 3-Day Participant 2002 & 2007
Favorite part of job? The best part of my job is the people I meet each day. I have the unique opportunity to work together with many different facets of the Burlingtoncommunity - from the extremely generous corporate and personal donors to Burlington youth ranging in age from 3 to 19 who work and play each day atKing Street Center. I am able to work with and learn from Burlington educators, philanthropists and a diverse group of children and families.
Most inspiring mentor? My colleague and local legend Jake Agna. Jake's enthusiasm, dedication and passion for his clients, family, and the youth of Burlington is truly inspiring. His ability to engage, empower and positively impact both children and adults each day is remarkable and transformative for those of us lucky enough to know him.
Who is your living hero? My living hero is my grandfather Richard Shonter. He has lived a life truly dedicated to his family, friends and country. He has passed on an appreciation to all who know him for diligently doing your best, spending time quality time with family, the joy of watching football, and the art of telling a good joke.
Favorite downtime activity? Time with my husband and kids, like Friday movie nights or pancakes in pajamas on a Saturday morning are some of my favorite moments. When I take time for myself, it’s a yoga class, a good book or dinner with friends.
Favorite Vermont Escape? Stowe holds a special place in my heart. I love spending a day on the mountain or bike path and enjoying all the great restaurants and shops in town. Stowe can’t be beat.
Favorite social network? Twitter
Favorite website? nytimes.com and pinterest
Vermont Business Person you would most want to network with? Tata Harper